The Real Deal
Jen’s journey to knowing the one true God began when she was in her late thirties. Although she grew up in church, she never truly knew God. She never understood that God wanted a relationship with her and that He could love her with an unconditional, unceasing, unrelenting love that no one else ever could. Seeking the Lord has become a deep desire in her heart, and her commitment to help other women find ways to connect more fully with God is her passion. She knows that, without a doubt, God has called her to reach out to other women to share the hope that she has found in Him.
What She Brings to Your Event
Jen’s love for Jesus is contagious. Her messages bring an honest, genuine transparency of the way God has transformed her life from a place of busy, chaotic, self-centered happiness to a place of peace, contentment, and service to Him. Her love for engaging in new relationships is obvious as she connects with other women with compassion, humor, and real-life stories. Finding new and creative ways to apply Scripture to everyday life is an encouragement to women of all walks of life.
How About Experience?
With over ten years of experience in women’s ministry roles, Jen has trained new leaders and mentored women in their pursuit of Jesus Christ. She graduated from Southern Illinois University where she studied Psychology and Speech Communications and is currently enrolled in an independent study course at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. Jen co-founded the NFP My Sister and Me Ministries and has served as the Director of Women’s Ministry since 2011 at Grace Bible Church in Minooka, Illinois. Her experience and dedication in leading and helping women to understand Scripture and learn how to live in the freedom of Christ Jesus is at the forefront of her teachings.
Jen and her husband Brent have been married since 1989 and treasure raising their adult daughters, Emily and Bethany. She enjoys spending time with her family, crafting, baking, exercising, going to dinner or movies with friends and playing with her perfect dog, Murphy.
For interested attendees or members of your organization that may want something hand-held to read about My Sister and Me Ministries.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. It forms the basis for what we believe and how we conduct ourselves (2 Tim. 3:16, 1 Thess. 2:13).
- We believe there is one, true, living God (Deut. 6:4; Jer. 10:10; Mark 12:29; Eph. 4:6).
- He is Holy, Eternal, and exists in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (1 Sam. 2:2; Heb. 1:8; 2 Cor. 3:17; John 10:30; John 14:26).
- God the Father is the Sender of the Word, the Maker of all things, and the Giver of every good and perfect gift (John 14:28; John 16:28; John 1:14; 1 Cor. 8:6; James 1:17).
- The Son is the Word made flesh, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from the beginning (John 1:1; John 1:18; John 1:14).
- The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal (John 14:16; John 15:26).
- We believe man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. The Bible says, “…all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God,” and “…There is none righteous, no, not one” (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:10; 3:23; 5:12).
- We believe Jesus Christ, the Son of God, paid the price to destroy the works of sin by offering Himself as the perfect and complete sacrifice through His shed blood to redeem and restore man back to God (Rom. 5:15-16; 1 John 3:8).
- It is God’s desire for all men to spend eternity with Him (1 Tim 2:3-4).
- Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the Law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God (Eph. 2:8-10).
- The only way for a person to enter eternal salvation is to have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as their substitute and Savior from sin (John 14:6; John 17:3; Rom. 6:23; 1 John 5:12).
- We believe all who receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior receive a guarantee of God’s Spirit—the indwelling of the Holy Spirit—in our hearts (2 Cor. 1:22; Matt 3:11; John 14:16-17; Acts 2:38-39; Acts 19:1-7).
- We believe in sanctification, which is living a life of holiness. The Bible teaches that without holiness, no man can see the Lord (Heb. 12:14).
- Sanctification is a definite, yet progressive work of grace, involving revelation, repentance, and restoration (1 Thess. 5:23; 2 Pet. 3:18; 2 Cor. 3:18; 2 Cor. 7:10; Phil. 3:12-13; 1 Cor. 1:30).
- We believe that those who accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior will spend eternity in communion with God, and will be rewarded for their faithful service on earth (1 Pet. 1:3-4; Rev. 14:13; 21:3-4; 22:12).
- Those who reject Jesus Christ will be eternally lost (Rev. 21:8).