The Real Deal
Maryann has a deep desire to know God, exalt Him, and share her knowledge, revelation and understanding with others. She is a student of the Scriptures, pursuing God, worshiping Him, and seeking to understand who she is in Christ.
No one is immune to the trials and temptations of life. Successful in navigating her struggles at times (and at other times, having succumbed to the storms washing over her), Maryann endeavors to never let loose the anchor of hope she has in Christ. The Word of God is life and strength to Maryann, and she knows God has called her to be a voice to other women—to strengthen them, equip them, speak life to them, and encourage them.
What She brings to your Event
Maryann is passionate in sharing the love of God and hope of Christ with women. She wants others to know and experience the acceptance, compassion, forgiveness, redemption, and restoration that are ours through Jesus. The world is full of judgment and rejection, and the church is meant to be a place of refuge and discipleship. Maryann surrounds others with the love of God and inspires them with the excitement of fulfilling their destiny in Christ. Identifying and developing the gifts God has deposited within others to complete His purpose is an encouragement to women of all walks of life.
How about experience?
From the humble beginnings of junior choir, youth lay-reader, and youth leadership councils, to serving as a worship leader for thirteen years, leading multiple Bible studies in various settings, and serving on church staff teams, Maryann has spent her life serving in ministry roles. She completed the Correspondence Courses with RHEMA Bible Training Center and received her diploma in 2007. Maryann continued her education through classes offered at Word & Spirit Family Church, and completed the Chaplain Training Program at Alton Memorial Hospital.
In addition, she has been a mentor to women and has ministered at several women’s events. Maryann co-founded the NFP My Sister and Me Ministries and continues to serve in various capacities at Word & Spirit Family Church. She studied Speech Communication and English at Southern Illinois University and earned her diploma in 1993. Maryann’s experience provides layers of understanding, revelation, and application of scriptural truths, which she imparts to women in order to help develop and grow them into who God created them to be.
Maryann and her husband Troy have been married since 1992. They have 3 children and 1 grandchild: John, his wife, Caitlin, and their daughter, Jayda; Matthew, and Madelyn. In her free time, Maryann enjoys spending time with her family, playing the piano in worship, reading, studying, exercising, and scrapbooking.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. It forms the basis for what we believe and how we conduct ourselves (2 Tim. 3:16, 1 Thess. 2:13).
- We believe there is one, true, living God (Deut. 6:4; Jer. 10:10; Mark 12:29; Eph. 4:6).
- He is Holy, Eternal, and exists in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (1 Sam. 2:2; Heb. 1:8; 2 Cor. 3:17; John 10:30; John 14:26).
- God the Father is the Sender of the Word, the Maker of all things, and the Giver of every good and perfect gift (John 14:28; John 16:28; John 1:14; 1 Cor. 8:6; James 1:17).
- The Son is the Word made flesh, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from the beginning (John 1:1; John 1:18; John 1:14).
- The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal (John 14:16; John 15:26).
- We believe man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. The Bible says, “…all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God,” and “…There is none righteous, no, not one” (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:10; 3:23; 5:12).
- We believe Jesus Christ, the Son of God, paid the price to destroy the works of sin by offering Himself as the perfect and complete sacrifice through His shed blood to redeem and restore man back to God (Rom. 5:15-16; 1 John 3:8).
- It is God’s desire for all men to spend eternity with Him (1 Tim 2:3-4).
- Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the Law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God (Eph. 2:8-10).
- The only way for a person to enter eternal salvation is to have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as their substitute and Savior from sin (John 14:6; John 17:3; Rom. 6:23; 1 John 5:12).
- We believe all who receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior receive a guarantee of God’s Spirit—the indwelling of the Holy Spirit—in our hearts (2 Cor. 1:22; Matt 3:11; John 14:16-17; Acts 2:38-39; Acts 19:1-7).
- We believe in sanctification, which is living a life of holiness. The Bible teaches that without holiness, no man can see the Lord (Heb. 12:14).
- Sanctification is a definite, yet progressive work of grace, involving revelation, repentance, and restoration (1 Thess. 5:23; 2 Pet. 3:18; 2 Cor. 3:18; 2 Cor. 7:10; Phil. 3:12-13; 1 Cor. 1:30).
- We believe that those who accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior will spend eternity in communion with God, and will be rewarded for their faithful service on earth (1 Pet. 1:3-4; Rev. 14:13; 21:3-4; 22:12).
- Those who reject Jesus Christ will be eternally lost (Rev. 21:8).